Saturday, February 22, 2014

Living the life you dream of, has nothing to do with money

 
I photographed this cottage when I was in Giverny a few years ago. You know...home of the Impressionist artist, Monet, and all that.
 
It was picturebook pretty as you might imagine, and how I wished I could live there.
 
Alas, that's not happening as my entire life is here in Australia, and my desire to be near my children and grandchildren exceeds my desire to immerse myself in French living...only just...but it wins.
 
Frequent visits would assuage my desire, but international travel at the level at which I'd like to become accustomed is crazy expensive.
 
So I content myself with recreating little bits of Giverny here at home.
 
A rosebush...
 
 
...some ivy in a stone pot...
 
 
...a vintage Limoges bowl and some French reading..
 
 
It's not quite 'living in France', but it works for me.
 
How do you recreate your dream life?
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh gosh Laura, how did you even FIND this post...lol! Thankyou. It is a pretty group of photos, isn't it. Love, Mimi xxx

      Delete